Chapter Fifteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
42. On New Year’s Eve, what happened to Tayo?
Ans: He woke up homesick
43. Where did he buy his chicken from?
Ans: The Covered Market
Chapter Sixteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
44. The finest hotel in Oxford is…?
Ans: Randolph Hotel
45. According to the narrative, who is Tayo’s favourite uncle?
Ans: Uncle Kayode
Chapter Seven Teen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
46. Who invited Tayo to lead his school assembly with a lecture on Nigeria?
Ans: Mr Richardson
47. ‘’What are your intentions with my daughter?’’ Who made this statement?
Ans: Mr Richardson
48. Who sent Tayo the telegram which reads: ‘’Baba is in hospital, recovering. Return home immediately’’?
Ans: Tayo’s mother
Chapter Eighteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
49. What does Tayo despise Mr Richardson for?
50. Who is Dele?
Ans: The village drunk
Chapter Nineteen Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
51. What circumstance led to the end of Tayo and Vanessa’s relationship?
Ans: Tayo impregnated a woman
Chapter Tweenty Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
52. In this narrative, Nessa’s dreams as portrayed by the writer are…?
Ans: Writing about African art and culture
53. Who is Salamatou?
Ans: A single mother of half-caste Sulaiman
Chapter Tweentyone Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
54. In Tayo’s opinion, what are the root causes of oil corruption and a broken civil service in Nigeria? Ans: Greed and mismanagement
55. In what university was Tayo offered a job?
Ans: Birmingham University
56. Who is Miriam?
Answer: Tayo’s wife
Chapter Twenty-two Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
57. Whose diary did Tayo discover in his study?
58. Why is Miriam loved by Tayo’s family?
Ans: She nursed Tayo’s father with care when he had stroke
Chapter Twenty-three Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
59. Whose house is described as ‘Beauty in the Heart of Darkness’?
Ans: Uncle Kayode’s house
60, What is the name of the local artiste that took Tayo to the village?
Chapter Twenty-Four Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
61. What led to the closure of universities?
Ans: University students protest
62. For what reason is Tayo Opposed to leaving the country?
Ans: He Wanted to wait and help his students
Chapter Twenty FiveLikely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
63. In order of occurrence, what are the challenges Tayo faced that made him reconsider leaving Nigeria?
Ans: The broken pipe, his house boy’s leave of him, his disappointment in the Foundation and threats to his life.
64. What was his purpose of planning to travel to New York, even though he eventually could not? Ans: To receive an award for his book
65. Why did Simon arrange a meeting for Tayo and whom did he hold it with?
Ans: To help in the possible funding of Tayo’s university
66. What was the outcome of the meeting?
Chapter Twenty-Six Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
67. Who challenged Tayo on the road on his way home?
Ans: The soldiers
68. What reason did the soldiers give for bringing Tayo home?
Ans: They said Tayo had an accident while driving recklessly
Chapter Twenty-Seven Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
69. What circumstance led to the death of Nessa’s mother?
70. What killed Tayo’s father?
71. By what means did Tayo’s mother die?
Ans: An accident
Chapter Twenty-Eight Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
72. How many years of marriage did Nessa and Edward celebrate at their wedding anniversary?
Ans: 18 years
73. ‘’To the woman I love, and with whom I have walked the best 18 years of my life’’. Who made this statement?
74. To whom was the statement made?
Chapter Twenty-Nine Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
75. What is responsible for the divorce between Tayo and his wife?
Ans: Tayo took priority in his students over his wife and child
76. For what reason was Tayo detained?
Ans: For showing his students Perry Henzel’s film, The Harder They Come.
Chapter Thirty Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
77. What does Vanessa mean by the pick-up-your-stick-and-sandals marriage?
Ans: A kind of love story wherein two lovers who are each other’s first love do not get to marry each other but meet later in life to re-unite
78. ‘’Ah, fuck you, Mum!’’ Who said this?
Chapter Thirty-One Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
79. What is the name of the home in which Nessa went to check on her aged father?
Ans: The Carrington Home for the Elderly
80. For what reason did Nessa tell her father when she was going to the airport?
Ans: To meet Tayo
81. What was her father looking for before she came?
Ans: His pen
Chapter Thirty-Two Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
82. What is name of Tayo’s driver?
83. ‘’Marriage is a serious thing’’ who said this?
84. To whom was it said?
Chapter Thirty-Three Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
85. In what part of the U.S. did Kemi reside?
Ans: San Francisco
86. Whose money was used for Tayo’s treatment after his accident?
Chapter Thirty-Four Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
87. Why was Vanessa initially reluctant to publish her father’s manuscript?
Ans: The poor relationship between her and her father
88. Why did Vanessa’s mother return to England with young Vanessa, while her father remained in Nigeria?
Ans: Vanessa’s mother had an affair with their gardener, Danjuma.
Chapter Thirty-Five Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
89. Tayo was employed to teach Oral histories in Northern Nigeria and the political history of West Africa in?
Ans: San Francisco.
90. ‘‘…Race is a part of the fabric of this nation. You’re either black or you’re white, and this affects every aspect of your life’’ who said this?
91. To whom was this said?
Chapter Thirty-Six Likely JAMB UTME Questions And Answers
92. What honorary degree did Tayo receive?
Ans: Doctorate of literature
93. Who asked Tayo and Nessa to help take a photograph of them?
Ans: A middle-aged couple
94. Did Miriam grace the occasion of Tayo’s award of honorary degree?
List of services offered here on Mydreamschool Check Here.